Tim Layton is a cybersecurity and cloud risk management professional with a proven track record spanning over 20 years in some of the world’s leading organizations possessing technical, business, and leadership skills.
Proven track record of thought leadership on how to navigate and balance business, legal, regulatory, compliance, and audit requirements in the new cloud computing digital frontier.
Hands-on enterprise security experience with public and hybrid cloud environments involving secure cloud architecture design, security controls development, risk assessment, governance, audit, compliance, and threat modeling based on business, legal, and regulatory requirements.
In-depth knowledge of major security standards and frameworks to include: Cloud Security Alliance CCM Controls (3.1, 4.0), Cloud Standards (NIST 800-144/145, ISO 27017/18, ISO 17788, ENISA) FFIEC/OCC, NIST CSF, ISO/IEC 27001/2, PCI DSS, GLBA, COBIT, SOX, NIST 800 30 and 53 Series, HIPAA, and others.
- VP, Information Security Officer (Global Financial Institution)
- Cloud Cybersecurity & Risk Management Advisor (Consultant)
- Principal, Global Theater Cybersecurity Services (Cisco Systems)
- Principal, Security & Risk Management Practice (EMC Corp.)
- VP, Cybersecurity Strategy (Wells Fargo Bank)
- CEO (Technology Startup)
- MBA, BA – Lindenwood University, St. Louis
- CCSK – Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge # LtuXWB2QCFFE9vdRPrdTsubZ
- AWS Technical Professional Accreditation 031421
- AWS Business Professional Accreditation 031521
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials 031621
- AWS Security Fundamentals 031721
- AWS Well-Architected Best Practices 040821
- AWS Cloud Economics 040921
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional # 28180
- SANS GSEC – Global Information Assurance Security Expert # 1972
- SANS GCIH – Global Information Assurance Certified Incident Handler # 312
- SANS GCFW – Global Information Assurance Certified Firewall Expert # 265
- ECNE – Novell Enterprise CNE #605
- SCO ACE – SCO Unix Engineer #1970
- SANS GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
- DATA SOCIETY – Data Science with R
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY – Data Science Certificate
- AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (training)
- AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (Training)
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
Get My Free Cloud Security Journal